Concord, NH – On Monday, Deputy Attorney General Jane E. Young released the names of the New Hampshire State Police Troopers involved in the incident that took place on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, in Claremont in which Jeffrey Ely (age 40) was shot and killed following an exchange of gunfire. Interviews with each of the involved Troopers were completed during the week of April 12, 2021. Ely was holed up in a building at 247 Sullivan St., once home to Dartmouth Woolen and later Homestead Industries. He died of multiple gunshot wounds, reported the AG’s Office.
The New Hampshire State Police Troopers who discharged their firearms during this incident were:
· Trooper First Class Nicholas Cyr, who has been a New Hampshire State Police Trooper since 2005.
· Trooper First Class Stefan Czyzowski, who has been a New Hampshire State Police Trooper since 2006.
· Sergeant Gary Ingham, who has been a New Hampshire State Police Trooper since 2003.
· Trooper First Class Shane Larkin, who has been a New Hampshire State Police Trooper since 2002.
· Trooper William Neilsen, who has been a New Hampshire State Police Trooper since 2012. Prior to that, he worked as a Claremont Police Officer from 2010 to 2012.
· Trooper Noah Sanctuary, who has been a New Hampshire State Police trooper since 2016. Prior to that, he worked for the Walpole Police Department from 2013 to 2016, and the Chesterfield Police Department from 2008 to 2013.
The exact circumstances surrounding this incident remain under investigation. No further updates are expected until the investigation is completed, said the Attorney General’s Office.
★ 2016 Copyright E-Ticker News of Claremont ★ Website by Bee Balm Productions ★