CLAREMONT, NH–Crews from the Claremont Fire Department were dispatched to American Recycling & Disposal on Industrial Blvd. on the morning of 9/11.
Smoke was billowing up from the huge “white pile” of metal that could not be processed through the shredder. According to the CFD, the suspected cause was an exploding lithium ion battery embedded in the scraps of what used to be an automobile. Captain Michael Zombeck, officer in charge, communicated with the operator of the excavator (not a forklift), which belongs to the business, for help to get to the source of the fire.
Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about an hour. Two trucks were toned to the scene.
Photos and story by Eric Zengota.
★ 2016 Copyright E-Ticker News of Claremont ★ Website by Bee Balm Productions ★