The Claremont Fire Department responded at 1:55 p.m. to a report of a fire at 8 Park Ave. this afternoon, Tuesday. The fire was declared under control at 2:20 p.m. The fire reportedly was started by cooking oil on the stove catching fire. Flames extended to the cupboards and walls above, and there was heavy damage to the kitchen area but no extension to the second floor. Everyone got out of the building and there were no injuries fighting the fire (Bill Binder photo).
★ 2016 Copyright E-Ticker News of Claremont ★ Website by Bee Balm Productions ★